About the journal
The Multinational Business Review
(MBR) was published by the Boeing Institute of International Business
at Saint Louis University's John Cook School of Business from 2003 - 2010. In 2009, Alan Rugman, Ph.D., was appointed as editor-in-chief of the Journal
as a Distinguished Visiting Professor of International Business for 2009-2011 at the Boeing Institute of International Business. As a leading authority in international business, Dr. Rugman served as president of the Academy of International Business from 2004 - 2006 and was elected as Fellow of the Academy in 1991.
Editorial scope and objectives
The focus of the Multinational Business Review is upon the strategy, operations and performance of the multinational enterprise (MNE). MBR welcomes manuscripts across all areas of international business but requires that they explicitly relate to the MNE. The journal also welcomes papers from all cognate areas of international business such as economics, finance, marketing, operations, human relations, sociology, or psychology, when such papers relate their findings to the activities of the MNE.
In order to both broaden and deepen the conversation of international business, the Multinational Business Review also welcomes submissions which challenge conventional thinking and are of a controversial nature. Coverage includes, but is not limited to:
- Theoretical advances in explaining the MNE
- Multinationality and performance
- Regionalization vs. globalization
- Multinationals and development
- Organizing the internal and external networks of MNEs
Regular articles, short articles, case studies and book reviews will be considered. Certain issues may focus on a special/specific topic. MBR does not accept manuscripts about teaching materials or teaching methods.
Indexed and abstracted in
- Zetoc (British Library)
- AERES (France)
- Association of Business Schools (ABS) Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Australian Research Council (ERA) Journal List
- CNRS (France)
- Index Copernicus (Poland)
- JourQUAL (Germany)
- Norwegian Social Science Data Services
Multinational Business Review is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Business, Management & Strategy eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Business, Management & Strategy eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
- An empirical note on regionalization and globalization
Syed H. Akhter, Colleen Beno
Volume: 19 Issue: 1; 2011
View Abstract | HTML | PDF
- FDI, economic decline and recovery: lessons from the Asian financial crisis
Hwy-Chang Moon, Joseph L.C. Cheng, Min-Young Kim, Jin-Uk Kim
Volume: 19 Issue: 2; 2011
View Abstract | HTML | PDF